Monday, December 14, 2015

Damage not so bad at this year's Big Bad Wolf Books


And I think partly has to do with the already Everest of book I have waiting for me at home to the point that I have run out of space to put these books. But I also think that the kind of books I read these days are of a particular genre. Maybe it is a flavour of the day thing. But I am leaning towards comedic writing these days. Not silly writing though. But good quality comedy. Preferably with some historic references.

I think it is because I am determined towards this route of de-stressing now that I really am not in the mood for dark and heavy stuff right about now. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against those books and you know as well as I do that I can consume them. Just, not about now. I think in light of the current state of the world, I'd like a bit of cheer. I am already made to be part cynic with all the splashes in periodicals, that I find myself in search of happy stories. Yes, happy stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment