Friday, November 27, 2015

I see a ladybug! Hello lady ladybug!



My garden now has at least one resident ladybug in it and she's a gorgeous little beetle, isn't she? She's a tiny little thing but she is bright red and according to my sister, jf you look really, really closely to her spots, it looks like its smiling! :)

Ladybugs are categorised as beneficial bugs and I am happy to let her be among my spearmint plants. They and their larvae dine on aphids, those pesky mealy bugs and other soft bodies insects. I actually hope she will bring more of her friends around for the party because she's doing wonders for my vegetable plants.

The thing to remember about ladybugs is the brightness of her shell. Bright red bug are the good ones. Dull coloured ones are bad ones.

So the next time you see a ladybug in your garden, remember to be nice to them, ya. They are good bugs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment