Friday, October 16, 2015

Spinach flowers and spinach babies


I love spinach. Bayam Batik is one of the most common local species of spinach that we see at our markets and I absolutely love them. Especially in soup. Isn't sup bayam just one of the simplest things to cook ever? I cannot imagine anyone not loving it.

So you can imagine how excited I was to get hold of some bayam seedlings for my garden. That was about 4 months ago. Come October (and many, many delicious bowls of sup bayam later), I realise how old my bayam trees are getting, and then these babies pop up! That's right, bayam flowers and therein, seeds for the next generation of yummy sup bayam!


The best part if that cultivating them is next to effortless. One evening, I found they they sown and germinated themselves! Hello, well what do we have here? Baby bayams peeking out into the world! I am going to leave them with their parent plants until they get a little bigger before transferring them onto their own beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment